Revised Return in Form231

14 July 2011

which section will apply for revised return of form 231 for F.Y.2010-11.

Sunil Mate (Expert)
16 July 2011

If you voluntarity revise your returns it must be U/s. 20(4)(a)

If there is any diff shown in VAT Audit compared with Original Returns Filed & Audit Working then U/s 20(4)(b)

If you have received Notice U/s 63 of MVAT Act (i.e. Refund audit/ Business Audit etc.,) Then U/s 20(4)(c).

Please note that from 01.04.2011 there is only chance to revise your VAT returns

Nimesh Kookani (Querist)
07 January 2012

thank u sir for your expertise on my query.
.
Sir,i hav one more query to ask n to be resolved, i.e which form is applicable under mvat for Firm involved in business of manufacturing, buying and selling of Boilers and heating materials.
wud be pleased and thankful once more to hav a reply frm u sir.

Bharat Zanvar (Expert)
29 June 2013

Can belated VAT return can be revised which is already filed NIL with penatly of Rs. 5000/- in maharashtra. I.e. for FY 12-13 (1st April 12 to 30th Sept 12) for availing VAT credit not taken eariler.?

Pls reply back.