advertise
advertise
Home > Experts > Excise > Reimbursement of excise duty

Reimbursement of excise duty (Excise)

07 March 2012

Dear Experts,

What is mean of reimbursement of excise duty. which dealer can get this reimbursement. kindly clear me all the fundas regarding above issue.

waiting for ur kind reply.

Thanking you,

CA Nikhil Jhanwar

07 March 2012

Reimbursement in relation to dealer as I understand is to pass on burden of excise duty to buyer. Only first stage and second stage dealers who are registered with Central excise are eligible to show excise duty element in their invoice and pass on the same to industrial consumer. Basic idea behind it is to keep cenvat credit chain intact so that original buyer can take credit......Because it is not always possible that goods are directly sold to buyer it is sold through one or more dealers. Since dealers are merely traders they are not eligible to take credit and pass on to buyer. therefore, concept of Ist & IInd stage registered dealers was introduced.......