Home > Experts > Students > Query about sub regulation of regulation 43

Query about sub regulation of regulation 43 (Students)

10 October 2012

What is the sub regulation of regulation 43 under which the member is eligible to train the articled assistant?

The CA I'm planning to train under is practicing since last 15 years.

Kindly help asap.

Ajay Mishra

10 October 2012

Hi

[Regulation 43. Engagement of Articled Assistants

(1) Subject to the provisions of these Regulations and subject to such terms and conditions, as the Council may deem
fit to impose in this behalf, the members designated as an associate or a fellow, who has been in practice continuously, whether in India or elsewhere or an associate or a fellow, who is deemed to be in practice within the meaning of Explanation to
sub-section (2) of section 2 of the Act, shall only be eligible to engage an articled assistant or assistants:

PROVIDED that in the case of an associate or a fellow practising outside India, the Council may impose such additional terms and conditions as it may deem fit.
(2) An associate or a fellow, covered by sub-regulation
(1), shall be entitled to train such number of articled assistant or assistants, under such terms and conditions, as are specified in Tables I and II given hereinafter:

Ajay Mishra

10 October 2012

TABLE-I

(Applicable to members practising the profession of chartered accountants in his individual name or as proprietor or as partner)

(i) An associate or fellow in continuous practice for a period up to 3 years. (Entitlement of articled assistant or assistants is 1)
(ii) An associate or fellow in continuous practice for any period from 3 years to 5 years. (Entitlement of articled assistant or assistants are 2)
(iii) An associate or fellow in continuous practice for any period from 5 years to 10 years. (Entitlement of articled assistant or assistants are 7)
(iv) An associate or fellow in continuous practice for any period from 10 years. (Entitlement of articled assistant or assistants are 10).

Divyanshi

13 October 2012

which sub section of 43 should I exactly write?

Ajay Mishra

13 October 2012

I AM TELLING REGULATION 43 OF THE CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS REGULATIONS, 1988 DEALING WITH ENGAGEMENT OF ARTICLE ASSISTANCE.

CCI Coaching Faculties