Home > Experts > Accounts > Purchase entry in tally

Join and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Purchase entry in tally (Accounts)

( Querist )

Dear Sir/ Madam
I want explain my query by following illustration
I purchase cement form A amounting Rs. 100000, and paid Rs. 2000 for freight to transporter B and also paid Rs. 500. For loading unloading to labour. Total cost of cement is come to Rs. 102500 but when I make entry in tally of above transaction in this manner (i) I use purchase voucher for entry of first Transaction Crediting Vender and Debiting Purchase A/C by Rs. 100000/- and (ii) used payment voucher for entry of freight , loading and loading . But my problem is the cost of Cement hit in the inventory is Rs. 100000/- only instead of Rs. 102500. I want to know, is there any other way to make this entry to stay away from this problem.

Thanks and regard

Ram Avtar Singh

Freight entry should be sepret because TDS applicable on that. cost should be seperet in Excel sheet by manually.

achal agarwal

First Of All Enable "Track Additional Cost For Purchases " option in f11 Configuration In Tally. ---

After Making The Entries As Mentioned By You (i.e, Payments FOr Loading & Unloading & Freight & Purchse For Inventory ) , Pass One More Entry In Stock Journal.

In "Source(Consumption)" Select the Inventory Item ALong WIth Qty , Rate And AMount.

In Destination (Production) Select the Same Item along With Rate , Qty & AMount.
After This in Same Entry Your Shall get a pop up for Additional COst Select FReight & Loading & Unloading Expenses and save the entry.

THis should Resolve your Problem.

Achal Agarwal