Procedure to increase the share capital of the Pvt Ltd Company

11 January 2008

Can you please explain me the procedure to increase the share capital of a private limited company in detail?

shilpa (Expert)
17 January 2008

Steps for increase in the Authorised Share Capital of the company :

1) To convene a Board meeting for deciding :
a) The amount of Authorised share capital to be increased.
b) The day, date and time of Extra Ordinary General Meeting for taking the approval of
the members of the company.

2) To convene the Extra Ordinary General Meeting and to pass the ordinary/special resolution for the same.

3) To prepare form No.5 and Form No.23 (if required).

4) To pay stamp duty on form No.5. The amount of stamp duty is depending upon the Authorised share capital of the company.

5) To file the form No.23 & form No.5 with the Registrar of Companies within 30 days of passing the resolution.