Home > Experts > Custom > Online payment of customs duty

Join and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Online payment of customs duty (Custom)

Querist : Anonymous

( Querist )
30 September 2012

I have a payment for customs duty due next week and it will take around 15 days time to open a Net Banking facility with my bank.My duty amount is greater than 1 Lakhs.
Since it will take 15 days time to open internet banking in my bank therefore I will have to pay huge amount of interest for late payment of customs duty.Please suggest me what should i do?What are the other options availaible to me so that i can pay the duty next week on time,thus avoiding interest payment?

Rama Krishnan

01 October 2012

1. Pl.check if your CHA is registered for On Line payment, if so you can remit the amount to them and they will remit the cutoms duty on your behelf.

2. you can approch the Bank at respective customs port, give them DD and they will remit on your behalf.