close x
Home > Experts > Income Tax > Notice under section 139(9) of the income tax act 1961

Please Wait ..

to your account


Remember Me | Forgot your password?


Sign-up now

Join and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Alternatively, you can log in using:

Notice under section 139(9) of the income tax act 1961 (Income Tax)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

( Querist )
18 December 2013

In case of notice section 139(9) of the income tax act 1961 regarding the defect that taxes as determined in the return is not paid but taxes are already paid by the person
what is the recourse for the assese?
by showing the receipt of income tax paid and submitting application that income tax is already paid will solve the issue
or within 15 days the defect has to be corrected by prescribed procedure by submitting the details online in the website efiling in return to notice u/s 139(9)?


( Expert )
19 December 2013

Dear Nikhil,

Did you pay these taxes before filing the return or after?

1. If before, check the status of the challan. ensure that it is confirmed and is being reflected in your Form 26AS.

2. If you paid after filing the return, the revise your return to reflect the details of the challan in your tax return.



You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Resolved Queries :


Quick Links

back to the top