No Deduction, Lower Deduction, Higher Deduction

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 23 June 2011

I have a query while filing the quarterly TDS return through NSDL website that, one option is their Remarks (Reason for Non Deduction/Lower Deduction/ Higher Deduction/Threshold) which denotes A,B,C,Y
Can any one suggest me what denotes for what and what is the reason.

Gupta P K (Expert)
23 June 2011

u can use following alphabats

1) In case of lower deduction/no deduction on account of certificate under section 197. (A)

2) In case of no deduction on account of declaration under section 197A. Allowed only for section 194, 194A, 194EE and 193. (B)

3) In case of deduction of tax at higher rate due to non-availability of PAN. (C)

4)In case of Transporter. (T)

5)Transaction where tax not been deducted as amount paid/credited to the vendor/party has not exceeded the threshold limit (as per the provisions of income tax act). Applicable for sections 193,194, 194A, 194B, 194BB, 194C, 194D, 194EE, 194G, 194H, 194I, 194J, 194LA. (Y)