Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

×
Home > Experts > Income Tax > medical reimbursement of 15000

medical reimbursement of 15000 (Income Tax)

16 March 2011

The medical reimbursement of Rs. 15000 to an employee is exempted from tax.
I want to know how & where this amount should be shown in the books of account, as this becomes a part of the CTC of the employee.
For e.g. the total salary of A is 200000 + 15000 ( as medical reimbursement )
Form 16 of A shows only 200000 ( since medical reimbursement upto 15K is not shown in form 16 )
Then where to show the extra 15K
I have shown in my books of account 215000 as salary for A ( 2lac + 15K medical)
Is it correct even if the form 16 shows 200000.
Or can i show 15k in form 16
plz help

murtaza

16 March 2011

about medi. reim. it will be taxable above rs. 15000/- of medi. reim. so if medi. reim. goes its a part of income otherwise it will be seen in 12BA and excess amt. of reim. will definetly show in Form 16 to calculate IT properly

murtaza

20 March 2011

No need to worry,
you have to do what you pay as salary in accounting, after complition of year you have to bifercate that amt.as per income tax rules. i.e salary + perquisites ok from perquisites you have to less the excemption for particular perquisites and taxable perquisites will be add into salary afterthan calculate tax on it.