Home > Experts > Service Tax > Matter of affidavit for surrender of service tax regn

Matter of affidavit for surrender of service tax regn (Service Tax)

One individual clientwant to surrender his service tax registration due to discontinuation of business , what are the required formalities and one affidavit required

Can we get the format of affidavit to be submitted to department

B.Chackrapani Warrier

Affidavit in support of ST-2 surrendering.

(In terms of Notification No 04/2007-51 dated 01.03.2007 and sub-rule (7) & (8) of Rule 4 of Service Tax Rules, 1994)

That I/We……………… Partner/proprietor/Director of M/s ……………situated at ________ hereby declare that :-
That I/ We are/were engaged in providing the services, namely……………from the above said premises.
That I/ We have paid all the Service Tax and Education Cess alongwith interest (if applicable) till date.
That neither any Govt. dues nor any liability/ demand of Service Tax/ Interest/ proceedings are pending against me/us.
That I/We have also filed the half yearly Returns, i.e. ST-3 Returns covering the period upto ……….
That the total turnover of my/ our firm/ company for the financial year is amounting to Rs……………………

That I/ We hereby undertake that if any Govt. dues are found to be recoverable from us in future and demanded by the Department, I/ We shall pay them immediately alongwith interest.

That I/ We hereby surrender the ST-2 Certificate bearing No________ as I/ we cease to provide taxable service and/ or availing the exemption under Notification No._________

Dated this the___ day of August,2011.

sd/-
DEPONENT