Home > Experts > Service Tax > Matter of affidavit for surrender of service tax regn

Join and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Matter of affidavit for surrender of service tax regn (Service Tax)

( Querist )

One individual clientwant to surrender his service tax registration due to discontinuation of business , what are the required formalities and one affidavit required

Can we get the format of affidavit to be submitted to department

B.Chackrapani Warrier

Affidavit in support of ST-2 surrendering.

(In terms of Notification No 04/2007-51 dated 01.03.2007 and sub-rule (7) & (8) of Rule 4 of Service Tax Rules, 1994)

That I/We……………… Partner/proprietor/Director of M/s ……………situated at ________ hereby declare that :-
That I/ We are/were engaged in providing the services, namely……………from the above said premises.
That I/ We have paid all the Service Tax and Education Cess alongwith interest (if applicable) till date.
That neither any Govt. dues nor any liability/ demand of Service Tax/ Interest/ proceedings are pending against me/us.
That I/We have also filed the half yearly Returns, i.e. ST-3 Returns covering the period upto ……….
That the total turnover of my/ our firm/ company for the financial year is amounting to Rs……………………

That I/ We hereby undertake that if any Govt. dues are found to be recoverable from us in future and demanded by the Department, I/ We shall pay them immediately alongwith interest.

That I/ We hereby surrender the ST-2 Certificate bearing No________ as I/ we cease to provide taxable service and/ or availing the exemption under Notification No._________

Dated this the___ day of August,2011.