Karnataka vat-annual or audit returns

10 February 2012

Hi, would like to know is there a Annual returns or Audit returns to be filed under Karnataka VAT Act. If yes, pls let me know the Sec and Form no with due date for filing. thanks in advance

CA. Hari Kishan (Expert)
10 February 2012

For Karnataka there was a annual return FORM 115 upto the year 2008-09. Subsequently the form was omitted and cancelled after that and there is no need to file the same after 2008-09.

As to VAT audit report, the report shall be issued in FORM VAT 240. Presently the total turnover shall exceed 1 cr for applicabilty for the year 2010-11 and onwards