Home > Experts > Income Tax > Itr2 - exempt income (ei) and fsi and tr sections

Itr2 - exempt income (ei) and fsi and tr sections (Income Tax)

This query is : Open

14 July 2013

I am employed by large Indian IT Company and have been on deputation to company's Subsidiary outside India for last 6 years. I am getting Indian Salary component in Switzerland with out any tax deduction in India. In addition, I get additional living allowance also in Switzerland. The Company Subsidiary pays Tax in Switzerland on my behalf.

Also I have NRO deposits in India and have Interest Income, for which I am paying 10% TDS at bank ( I have shown TRC and submitting DTAA )
I am submitting ITR2 as NRI - Please guide me on
a) Whether there is any tax liable in India also on Salary & Allowanc components ?
b) If not, Can this income be shown in ITR 2 Exempt Income (EI)section? Is this mandatory to disclose in EI Section ?
c) In ITR2 -there are sections on FSI and TR - are these applicable for me (NRI havig interest income in India) Or this is only applicable for Indian Residents having Foreign Income ?
Thank in advance.