issue of c form in case of tax free goods

This query is : Resolved 

09 June 2011

my assessee is registered dealer in chandigarh dealing in sweets (halwai goods) having registered in Punjab also. Sweets are taxable in chandigarh but taxfree in punjab.we are delivering goods i.e. sweets from chandigarh to punjab on C form. will the punjab authorities will issue C form for the goods purchased which are tax free in the state. Being the sweets are tax free in punjab. please clerify the point

Mrs. N Jain (Expert)
10 June 2011

The tax under the CST act is charged in the state wherefrom the transaction occasions the movement of goods and not in the state where the goods are delivered. The state from which goods are moved levies the tax on such goods and allows concessional rate against C form there should be no problem to the Punjab VAT officer to issue C form.for any furtherr assistance pl contact CA Suresh Jain at

You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

× Online Coaching My Enrolled Courses
Articles Forum News Experts Exams Share Files Income Tax Accounts Career Corporate Law Service Tax Video Judgements Rewards Top Members Events Albums Find Friends Featured Feed Scorecard Bookmarks Mock Test Poll Notification Knowledge Finder Coaching Institutes Trainee Corner Jobs
close x