advertise
advertise
Home > Experts > Income Tax > Intimation U/s 143 (1)

Intimation U/s 143 (1) (Income Tax)

I have received Income Tax Intimation U/s.143(1) demanding to pay Rs.2000/- as Tax Payable. But while examining the Total Income, they have not taken Depreciation into consideration. I e-filed the return and thus received the intimation from Bangalore. I think I shall submit Petition u/s.154 for rectification. Whether to submit in the local office manually or send the same to CPC, Bangalore by post or send the same to CPC, Bangalore by e-mail? If by e-mail, what is the ID? Can anyone send me a specimen copy of Petition u/s.154.

B.Chackrapani Warrier

Rectification petition under section 154 against 143(1) intimation may be posted to CPC, B'lore.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

You will have to file Rectification of Intimation U/s 154 of the Income Tax Act, 1961.

Format:---

Date:

To
CPC Banglore,
..............
..............
...............

Ref: - Your Intimation U/s 143 (1) dated: ........ for the A.Y ........, Received on ........ (PAN ..........)

Sub: - Rectification of Intimation U/s 154 of the Income Tax Act, 1961.

I have received your above mentioned intimation U/s 143(1) of the Income Tax Act which is showing a demand of Income Tax of Rs. ....../-

In this connection i want to bring in to your kind notice that....................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................
............

I therefore request you to please rectify your above mentioned intimation U/s 154 and issue a rectification order to that effect at the earliest.

Thanks you,

Yours faithfully,

Please also see the notes given on last page of notice u/s 143(1) received from CPC banglore.

CA. SANAT PYNE

you can also visit
http://www.caclubindia.com/forum/sample-reply-for-intimation-u-s-143-1-from-cpc-banglore-98093.asp

Coffin

Whether Ordinary or Speed Post?

Aditya Maheshwari

both will do. Any of the two only.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

I think you should send it by Registered Post. (So that you can have proof of Dispatch)

Coffin

But I came to know that Petition can be sent by e-mail to itdcpc@incometaxindia.gov.in. Is that possible to send by e-mail and is the id correct. Should we scan the letter and send or just send the soft copy mentioning as Sd/-

Aditya Maheshwari

If the source is geniune and reliable then u can send a scan copy of the same via email.

However in the intimation that i have received for client there is no mention of the email id. So cannot comment on the same.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

in my view it is better to send the petition physically by registered post.