Home > Experts > Income Tax > I got a from cpc "intimation under section 245 of income tax

I got a from cpc "intimation under section 245 of income tax (Income Tax)

Please help me to understand the below letter from CPC.

The refund determined in this proceeding is being adjusted against the outstanding demands, as per details given below:
Demand Amount: 9080 Demand Uploaded By: JURISDICTIONAL AO

Demand Amount: 26660 Demand Uploaded By: CPC.

I have paid all the taxes each year. Please help me what does it mean and whom should I contact?

Malay

Siddhartha Bhardwaj

You have to contact your jurisdictional AO. He will sort out the matter.

CA. Subhash Dangi

Check your Form 26AS of each year and find out whether any difference of Tax credits like TDS/Advance Tax/Self assessment tax etc, is there between Income tax return and Form 26AS.

If you found any difference in tax credits, make an application to both jurisdiction AO and CPC for rectification and reassessment based on supporting tax paid challans, form 26AS etc.

Taxguy

This notice is sent to assessee who have arrear demand or any other demand which is open for collection.
The expectation of ITD is that assessee is give an intimation about the adjustment of the refund against the demand before the adjustment.
If you paid all the demands by using proper minor code :400 and paid it for AY which has demand, you should not be impacted.

If the demand uploaded by CPC, then also you should contact jurisdictional AO as rectification can be done by jurisdictional AO also.

Malay

Than you all for your suggestion.