Dear Sir/Madam,

Can Co pay HRA and simultaneously provide Concessional rent free accommodation(owned or hired by employer) taxable as Perq u/s 17(2)?
In that case can employee claim double deduction of Rent paid to Co in HRA & in 17(2) Perq?
According to my knowledge Co. can not provide 2 at the same time then in that case Co providing rent free accommodation (being not receiving HRA) can employee claim double deduction of Rent paid to Co in calculation of Perq and u/s 80 GG.

Thanks & Regards

Hitesh Kothari

CA. Shushil Kumar (Expert)

1. Yes. Company can pay HRA as well as Concessional rent free accommodation simultaneously.
2. Rent paid to company will be used in calculation of HRA and your the same will be adjusted to your taxable perks.
3. N/A