How to prepare for Direct Taxes

03 September 2009

I got only 23 marks in DT this June'09. Only 40 was required to pass. I missed this time too. Can anybody tell me how to prepare for DT. I have read VG Sir Note. Are they really suficient to pass. Can anybody please send me the Notes of DT or Summary of DT and Latest Case Laws of DT. On what topics should I give stress.
Please guide me.

CA CS CIMA* Prakash Somani (Expert)
03 September 2009

VG notes are no doubt very very good. You can go ahead with that only. Before guiding you on preparations i want to nkow your current way to study DT !!

CA. Bikash Bogi (Expert)
03 September 2009

Hi Gaurav
I think Study Modules of Vinod Gupta is no.1 study material for DT in India.
I had given My CA Final in M08 terms. I had not taken the tution of DT & IDT and got exemptions in both...U just take updated modules for the exams....
Solving the practical questions does not bear significant mark in DT. You have to write the treatment by way of giving notes.
out of 15 marks only 1.5 marks are for calculation and remaining 13.5 marks for notes. Just make summary of what you read in module becoz the module are so bulky....study in such a way that you can revise it in a 10-12 hours.....in case of any other help. feel free to contact me at bikashbogi@gmail.com

CA Gaurav Rastogi (Querist)
03 September 2009

Dear parkash,

The Problem with me is that the concept I know but I read it from the very beginning. It takes a lot of time. I am doing job at the same time and got around 2-3 hours to study. Only two subjects DT and Costing are left. i have got EXm in MICS and IDT. what is the right way of reading DT in manner that it can be remembered and recalled in exams. I know my way is faulty so just tell me the right way of reading DT.
Thanks and Regards