Avail 50% discount on All CS & CMA subjects for Dec batch . Use coupon code Dec14

×
Home > Experts > Accounts > How to change the units of measurement in Tally Package

How to change the units of measurement in Tally Package (Accounts)

08 February 2009

After feeding the entries or items under perticular units of measurement in Tally package how to change the units of measurement without deleting of earlier feeding entries or items.

Plz give solution to above

CA. B.SRINIVASULU

08 February 2009

step 1 : Creat the new units which you want.

Setp 2 : Go to alteration

Step 3 : Open old one where you want corrections.

Setp 4 : Correct the same by using the cursor.

Step 5 : Come out of tally

Step 6 : Again open tally changes would have taken place.

B. NITYA POOJA REDDY

08 February 2009

The above process which u have told is correct. But i am giving some example for my question then u will give me answer.

My question

Item Name is: Stepler pins

I have entered this item under units of measurement "Numbers". And also passed some entries related to that item.

After that i want to change the units of measurement to that particular item as a "Boxes" inplace of "Numbers". How it is possible? If i will go to chage the units of measurement for that item "the curser will jumping the units at Stock item alteration window"

Plz tell....

B. NITYA POOJA REDDY

08 February 2009