Home > Experts > Service Tax > How to apply for ST-1 online??

How to apply for ST-1 online?? (Service Tax)

This query is : Open

Plaese if anybody can guide me. How to get registered a proprietorship concern. Who will be applicant in this.I mean name of concern or name of propreitor. what will be premises to be registered?? how to decide about range officer.

Kindly help.

B R Ramesh

Hi

follow up these points mentioned below:

1.if a proprietor you need to register in the name of Individual not on the co name.
2.ST number is based on the individual PAN no therefore you need to provide PAN card of the proprietor
3.to know your range office log on to www.cbec.gov.in/ACES.gov.in

haridhayalan

have pan and address proof in your hand. visit to
1.www.aces.gov.in.
2. click service tax in left side
3. click as new user.
4. fill the form wherever * marked.
5. you will get the password to your email.
6. come to website and give your user id password
7. Reg--> fill ST1
8. applicant column can be your name or you may keep your company name also.
9. keep fill the form as your company details. if you give company name then, name of concern also your company name only. there is a page for proprietor details. there you can give proprietor name and same address.

if you are from karnatake. Please let me know your business type. I will tell your commissionerate, division, group range everything.

after entered all,please take print ST1 and click submit. you will get provisional ST registration number. take print that also. enclose the pan copy and address proof. submit to the service tax department. withing 7 to 10 working days you will get the st2 copy to your mail. take print and approach service tax commissioner and get acknowlege. thats all. finished. now you can start your business. best of luck.

B.Chackrapani Warrier

Very nicely and correctly replied.

Dear Experts

Thanks for all the help and guidance

But please resolve few more doubts:

If proprietorship concern is to be registered then Name of Applicant will be Name of proprietor or name with which business will be run
As no PAN has been taken in business name but Proprietor has PAN so I have filled name of applicant as name of Proprietor.
What will be filled in Address of Applicant i.e his Residential address or the office address which is to registered.

Further what kind of declaration and Affidavit has to be submitted with ST1.

Please help

CA Shailesh Kumar Bhagat

Address is not the issue , because Reg No. is based on PAN.In case proprietry business, no declration or affidavit is required.