Home > Experts > Others > FORM-I relating to SEZ UNIT

FORM-I relating to SEZ UNIT (Others)

01 February 2010

We got an order from a contractor (who is the Principal contractor) for an SEZ unit. The Taxes are Nil against FORM-I. As per our understanding FORM-I can be issued only by Developer, Co-Developer and SEZ unit. The principal contractor is confirming us that all the documents should be jointly in the name of his Co and the Developer of SEZ unit and finally the Developer will issue the FORM-I.

Will the FORM-I issued by a developer on behalf of the main contractor is valid?

Swanand

14 February 2010

Only Developers , Co-Developers and SEZ units are issued FORM I or H for Vat exemption. Contractors have to collect form from these 3 parties. Contractor can not issue form I as he is not liable to get FORM I for issuance.

In your query ,some thing is wrong as you are saying contracter got order from SEZ unit , then how SEZ developer come into picture ? clarrify this

visit our website www.sez-india.net for more info on SEZ's