Form 26 AS - Tax credit statement

12 July 2010

Experts,

I have two queries :

1. In case if a company has deducted TDS from the employees salary, but the same is not reflected in TAx Credit Statement - Form 26AS - now available online. What should the employee do. Does he have to worry about the same being reflected correctly in the Tax credit statement?

2. In case if the company has not issued the Form 16 to the employee ? what should the employee do? How does he reflect his salary income in his Tax return?

Sunil Kr. Sanganeria (Expert)
13 July 2010

The TDS deducted by your employer is reflected in Tax credit Statement by the IT deparment only after the TDS return filed by the employer. f your credit do not reflect in Tax Credit Statement, one should ask from the employer the reason.

If Form no 16 is not issude by employer, you can get details online regarding of payment of TDS. You may fill the require informaion in the return from there.