Home > Experts > Income Tax > Form 15G / Form 15 H

Form 15G / Form 15 H (Income Tax)

28 March 2008

Please let me know the following:

1) When (Timing, NOT purpose)should form 15G and 15H be collected from persons to whom interest or dividend is payable?

2)Should one submit to IT department just the DETAILS of persons from whom Form 15G and 15H are collected OR one should submit the FORMS COLLECTED itself?

3)If Forms collected are to be submitted/filed, should one submit the ORIGINAL OR PHOTOCOPY?

4)When(Timing, NOT purpose) they are to be filed at IT departemnt? Can it be sumitted in electronic form?

R.V.RAO

28 March 2008

IN THE BEGINNING OF EVERY FIN. YEAR ( IN APRIL), ONE HAS TO SUBMIT 15 G OR 15 H TO BANKS /NBFC /post offices( who are operating senior citizen savings schemes)FOR NONDEDUCTION OF TDS FOR THAT FIN. YEAR.
15 H is FOR senoior citizens.
form 15 G FOR OTHERS.
A DEPOSITOR NEVER SUBMITS FORM 15 G/H TO THE DEPT OF IT.
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BANKS/NBFCs/post off. or whoever asks the assessee to submit this form 15.
these forms are always submitted in duplicate in original only.
the assessee never submits these forms to IT dpt. directly.
R.V.RAO

Anil

31 March 2008

Thank you sir.

I understand from your answer that the above forms are collected by the Company in duplicate in original.

1) Should the company which collects these forms submit to IT department just the DETAILS of persons from whom Form 15G and 15H are collected

OR

one should submit the FORMS COLLECTED itself in physical form?

2)IF form itself is submited in physical form, does the company have to submit BOTH the forms collected to the IT department

OR

the company keeps one and submits the other to IT department?

3)When is the last date for submission of the forms/details to IT department?

4) I was under the impression Form 15H is for interest OTHER THAN INTEREST ON SECURITIES receivable BY SENIOR CITIZENS

and

Form 15 G is for INTEREST ON SECURITIES BY ALL including senior citizen. Please confirm this.

CA Harish Suwalka

forms should be submitted physically

Anil

Thanks Harish Sir.

Please let me know when is the last day for submission of forms to IT department.

Kindly quote relevant section / rule.

Thanks.

CA Harish Suwalka

one copy of 15g/h should be forarded to the commissioner of TDS, on or befor the seventh day of the month in which the declaration is recieved..
the last date is parallel with last date of deposition of TDS

Anil

Thank you very much Sir.

Can you please provide relevant section / rule of Income Tax Act?

CA Harish Suwalka

sec 197A of income tax act 1961.
clause no. (2)

Anil

Thank you Sir. You have cleared my doubt.

CA Harish Suwalka

FYI
consider thanking by pressing the "thank user " button