Home > Experts > Income Tax > first time defination of manufactering as per income tax act

first time defination of manufactering as per income tax act (Income Tax)

hello friendz
i have come to know that a new definition of manufacturing has been introduced by income tax first time in budget 2009
plz explain me this definition.
as one of our client wants to take exemption under sec.80IC and for this we need that its product must come under defination of mfg.
plz explain it with examples and interpretations also,if possible.

thankx

CA.Tarun Maheshwari

Its difficult to explain the term 'manufacturing' with examples. Better to take help of definition as per excise act. It differes from case to case. If you look at first sight at the definition, it will seem that any small change will result into the manufacturing. I am also handling 3-4 cases of 80IC, and for each case, I was to do lot many research on its coverage in manufacturing definition. So better to research on it deeply, because its a sensitive matter as it is covered in section 80IC, the fully tax exemption provisions.

murtaza

Its a huge Defination different from case to case as per Tarun sir. you have to explain you client case to get advice/reply.