Filling ST-1 Form in

Could you please help me with the following query?
I am starting a software services company as proprietorship . I am staying at Marathahalli, Bangalore. I am trying to fill ST-1 form at .

1.What is the value that I should give in the field Commissionerate, Division and Range fields?

Is Commissionerate "Service Tax - Bangalore" ?
If I select this 3 divisons are shown I II and III. When I select Bangalore I , 9 groups are shown in range field from Group 1 to group 9.
Please guide me in selecting the correct values.

2. What is a Non Assessee form ? Should I fill it?

3. These are the documents required to start a current account in bank as required by the bank.
"Two entity proof in the name of company (e.g. VAT certificate, Shop establishment certificate etc. any two certificate provided by govt in the name of company)"

Once I get service tax certificate, that will be one document, what will be the next document that I can get from the government? Is it the VAT certificate?
If yes, could you please guide me through the process?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Aditya Maheshwari (Expert)

try this link

Whizkid747 (Querist)

Dear Aditya,
Thanks for the reply. But that excel sheet is for Mumbai only. Do u have a document for Bangalore?

Aditya Maheshwari (Expert)

try this link

or this

Whizkid747 (Querist)

I tried this. Under karanataka, I selected "Service Tax-Bangalore". Under this there are 3 divisions . All are showing same address. I selected Bangalore - I and under that there are 10 ranges. 8 of them have the same address. So not sure under which group my locality will come. In the other link, there is no record under my place "Marathahalli" .

What to do now?