Avail 50% discount on all online CA classes for Nov Exam(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code NOV15

Home > Experts > Income Tax > Filling Form 15G

Filling Form 15G (Income Tax)

18 July 2010

Could you please help me in filling Form 15G. It is very complicated.

I did one FD of Rs. 4 lac in HDFC bank on 10th May 2010. The interest rate is 6.5%. And the FD will end at 10th Feb 2011 and I will receive interest of Rs 21666/-.

To save TDS on interest, I have to provide Form 15 G to the HDFC bank.

I am a housewife (age 26). I have no other assets (like property/shares/mutual fund), and no other source of income. This Rs. 4 lac also is gifted to me by my father.

Please help me to fill this form.

Rahul Gupta

18 July 2010

I think the main problem , you are facing with this for the various no. of points, and in determining which need to be filled and which is not.

In your case, just fill the name and address, then fill the following in the relevant points in the from (link attached below)

1. Nil
2. Housewife
3. and 4. ending on 31-03-2011 relevant to AY 2011-2012 will be NIL.
5. Check and Fill the Jurisdiction of CIT on the income tax site according to your residential address.
in case any previous return is filed then mention the AY and PAN NO.

For schedules >
Cancel Schedule 1, 2, 4 & 5.
Fill the details mentioned above about the FD in the schedule 3.