Filing of time-barred return

This query is : Resolved 

27 May 2008

One of my client wants to file his return of income for the assessment year 2006-2007. As the return filing of the above year is time barred, can it be filed now? If Yes, what procedure has to be followed?

Nilesh Damji Chheda (Expert)
27 May 2008

hi nilesh
as per act, the same is not possible as the same is time bared unless the Aessessing Offier issues the notice to u for filing the notice U/s. 142 of the IT Act.

R.V.RAO (Expert)
27 May 2008


You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

× Online Coaching My Enrolled Courses
Articles Forum News Experts Exams Share Files Income Tax Accounts Career Corporate Law Service Tax Video Judgements Rewards Top Members Events Albums Find Friends Featured Feed Scorecard Bookmarks Mock Test Poll Notification Knowledge Finder Coaching Institutes Trainee Corner Jobs
close x
Download GST App    |    x