Home > Experts > Service Tax

Filter Query : All | Only Resolved | Only Open

Anonymous

asked On 28 May 2015 at 13:33

Answer this query now

Interest calculation

I would like to know the treatment of interest to be calculated on service tax. the question is:- In the year 2006-07 the service tax payable amount was Rs 738942. service tax paid amount was Rs. 723252 including interest of Rs. 34698 paid in july 2007. In the next year 2007-08 service tax payable amount was Rs. 785534 and service tax paid amount was Rs. 805935 including interest of Rs. 23212 paid in three installments in october 2007, april 2008 and may 2008.
kindly tell me the treatment of interest till 30-9-2014.

Bipin Kumar Agarwal

asked On 28 May 2015 at 13:24

Answer this query now

Electric appliances/ warranty for mobile insurance

Dear Friends
Please update me details tax implication of VAT/Service Tax on Electric Appliances/ Warranty for Mobile Insurance.

CA SHIRISH

asked On 28 May 2015 at 13:18

Answer this query now

Service tax rate

road tender agency service provided

Anonymous

asked On 28 May 2015 at 12:53

Answer this query now

Service tax on origin charges/ex-works charges in import

We are overseas freight forwarder company. we provide service for Air and Sea Import. can any-one advise me where service tax is applicable on Ex-works / origin charges.

akash

asked On 28 May 2015 at 12:37

Answer this query now

Failed to take print

I have logged in to aces id and filled form ST1 but after submitting it successfully and before I could take print of it electricity turned off. now i am unable to find it online. please help me how to bring back that copy and take print for submission of filled application to service tax department.

varun jain

asked On 28 May 2015 at 12:33

Answer this query now

Service tax on flats

under construction flat is more than 2000 sq ft in area then service tax applicable is 3.71%. That 2000 sq. ft. area whether super area or covered area?

Anonymous

asked On 28 May 2015 at 12:08

Answer this query now

Bus service to school

As per Notification No.25/2012-ST SL No.-9

Services provided to or by an educational institution in respect of education exempted from service tax, by way of,-

(a) auxiliary educational services; or
(b) renting of immovable property;

Here my query is if any Company avails bus services from out-sider for school owned or maintained by the itself, is it exempt or not.

MURALI

asked On 28 May 2015 at 12:04

Answer this query now

Rcm on abatement

Dear Experts,

I am working in a Private Limited company.
I got an invoice from an proprietorship concern for a contract work done. In the invoice the service tax charged @ 7.416%(after abatement of 40%).
Please guide me whether we have to pay Service Tax on RCM basis. If yes, on what amount?

Neelesh Gupta

asked On 28 May 2015 at 11:47

Answer this query now

Service tax entries in tally

Hello Experts,

Greetings!

We have a Software Training Institute where we collect fees from the students (some fee directly into Bank Account and some by Cash).
We collect Service Tax on fee and pay to Government every month.

Could you please guide me how I can pass the entries in Tally for the above transactions.

Thank You

Abhijith Preman

asked On 28 May 2015 at 10:44

Answer this query now

Reverse charge mechanism

I am doing the internal audit of a company. The company is receiving certain manpower supply services and security services from certain enterprises. Prior to 01.04.2015, the service was under partial reverse charge, where the recipient was liable to pay 75% and provider 25% of the total service tax liability. However w.e.f 01.04.2015, the service has been made under complete RCM and now the recipient is liable to pay 100%. But, the provider has given the bill for April 2015 in the usual format, i,e., 25% of the service tax is only shown in the bill.

So, whether the company is liable to pay 100% service tax irrespective of the fact that 25% is shown in the bill OR whether the company needs to pay only 75% of the Service Tax as 25% is already provided in the bill and given to the service providers?

Please help..