Home > Experts > Service Tax

Filter Query : All | Only Resolved | Only Open

jagannadhan

asked On 02 September 2014 at 16:29

Answer this query now

Service tax applicability to food processing industry

my query is :
Is service tax applicable for doing job works for processing of Mango Pulp. materials Etc.. will supplied by Customer and our role is only using our Plant and Machinery, labour, process mangoes and produce Pulp and handover to supplier, for that customer will pay Charges as job work charges/hire charges and they will deduct TDS. in above scenario Service tax Applicable or Not ?

Anonymous

asked On 02 September 2014 at 16:26

Answer this query now

Export of service

If there is an export of taxable service(above threshold limit of Rs.10 lacs), then do we need to opt for service tax registration?
If yes, please give a reference for it.

jinesh

asked On 02 September 2014 at 16:05

Answer this query now

Mn power service

 XYZ (Public Co.) sales with two brand name –
1. XY
2. YZ.
 The management has taken two decisions that ,

1.Marketing staff of YZ brand to be transferred to ABC Pvt. Ltd (ABCPvt.Ltd.) (A Group Company) from 1st April 2014.

2.YZ brand’s sale routed through ABC Pvt Ltd & YZ brand transfer to ABCPL from 1st April 2014.

3.On the basis of above decision, all marketing staffs have been transferred from XYZ to ABCPL from 1st April 2014. On April 2014 onwards, all marketing staffs are employee of ABCPL.

4.The management was in process to set up sales transactions routed through ABCPL but they didn’t get through & cancelled the above decisions in the month of July2014 & Bonzer7 brand will continue with XYZ Co.

5.Till today, there is not a single sale transaction routed through ABCPL but ABCPL has incurred expenses of Marketing staff mainly salary of Rs.1.86 Crore from April to July -2014, who are working for XYZ Co.

6.Now the management has decided to reimburse above expenditure to ABCPL.

7.So ABCPL raised debit note to XYZ Co. with service tax of 12.36% as supply of Manpower Service because employees of YZ market staff are working for XYZ India Ltd. ( as they used to do earlier) but on payroll of ABCPL.

From the above situation we have following issues /Questions :

1.Whether Service Tax charged by ABC Pvt. Ltd. under Manpower Supply is proper? ( As per CBEC Circular No. 137/35/2011-ST dated 13.07.2011)
2.What XYZ India should accept an Invoice or a Debit Note for this payment?
3.Whether XYZ India can avail credit of service tax paid in this transaction?

Please ans me clearly and separately as per my situations.

Anonymous

asked On 02 September 2014 at 13:44

Answer this query now

Service tax entry and date of payment of service tax

I am working with a news channel

how should i entry in tally what head have to open & date of service tax please let me know
i m new in service industries

Sir We have to service tax pay monthly or quarterly

Thaks & regards

Kamal tiwari

Anonymous

asked On 02 September 2014 at 12:47

Answer this query now

Service tax on construction work

Dear Experts,

Please advise me applicability of service tax on construction work.

Lokesh

asked On 02 September 2014 at 09:04

Answer this query now

Service tax leviable or not ?

This is in relation to Rule 9 of Place of Provision of Service Rules, 2012.
What will be status if the Service Provider resides in Taxable Territory and provides services through Servers located in Non-Taxable Territory to Service Recipients ?
Whether this can be considered as Service or not ?
Service recipients are located in Non-Taxable Territory...

mahesh

asked On 01 September 2014 at 23:37

Answer this query now

Difference between job work and works contract

please clarify me about the differences in works contract and job work.

Anonymous

asked On 01 September 2014 at 20:16

Answer this query now

Urgent

dear forum and members of the CA community, i have a question which i could not get a very clear answer for, please help me on the same. i am a sub agent for multiple IATA agents dealing in air / train / bus tickets and also holidays and hotels. my question is simple do i have to register for service tax ? am i liable to pay service tax ? do i have to collect service tax ?can i pay out of pocket at the end of the year ? if yes, under which category? on what amount ? rate at which it has to be paid? please consider the following scenario : IN CASE OF AIR TICKTS, i buy tickets @ rs.5000 commsiion by IATA agent 250 sold to client @ 5250 total earnings actual 250 + 250 IATA raises a invoice in my name in the following way : basic fare + YQ + service tax + taxes - commission + tds (on the commission at prevailing rates) SAME IN THE CASE OF BUS TICKETS IN CASE OF TRAIN TICKETS NETT AMOUNT CHARGED , WE COLLECT RS. 20 PER PNR FROM THE CLIENT EXTRA. IN CASE OF HOTELS NETT FARE CHARGED TO US. WE CHARGE HOTEL ROOM PRICE + MARKUP ( CAN BE CALLED HANDLING CHARGES / SERVICE CHARGES / SERVICE FEE / TRANSACTION FEE OR WHATSOEVER . In all the above cases service tax charged by the IATA agent is automatically collected by us from the client. as it is included in the charges printed on the ticket. Being an sub agent in all these cases am i liable to pay service tax. ? if yes on what amount ? under which category?

surendra kumar

asked On 01 September 2014 at 18:29

Answer this query now

Service tax on man power services

increase in mimimum wage rate are liable for service tax. one of my clients raise a invoice as per agreed rate puls increase in minimum wage rate but he is not charging service tax on increase amount. whether he is liable for st on increase amount or not

Nisarg Joshi

asked On 01 September 2014 at 17:31

Answer this query now

Cenvat credit

Amount paid (including service tax) to the employer company (Ashtavinayak facility services) for gatekeeper kept at construction site. Can we claim Service tax set off for the same?