Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Service Tax

Filter Query : All | Only Resolved | Only Open

Anonymous

asked On 02 October 2014 at 15:37

Answer this query now

Firms in pune

hello,
can anyone give me the names of CA firms or law firms that practice in Service tax or indirect taxation in Pune.

Rahul Mishra

asked On 02 October 2014 at 13:10

Answer this query now

St category & code

Dear experts,

My firm is falls under service tax category as follow with tax code

1.ERECTION,COMMISSIONING AND INSTALLATION 00440233

2.MAINTENANCE OR REPAIR SERVICE 00440245

3.SUPPLY OF TANGIBLE GOODS FOR USE SERVICE 00440445

4.WORKS CONTRACT SERVICES 00440410

Now, my question is ,if we charge service tax with calculation of (70% of 50% of billing amount x 12.36%)
So, in which category we will pay this collected tax amount.

Waiting in your reply with explanation.

Thanks a lot !

Anonymous

asked On 02 October 2014 at 11:14

Answer this query now

Type of business entity

Type of business entity and BODY corporate.please name mention to Know under RCM.

Suraj

asked On 30 September 2014 at 18:41

Answer this query now

Exempt services & negative list

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I wish to know:
1) whether Services mentioned under exempt list and under negative list is one and the same or is there any difference.

2) My friend is engaged in the activities as Trainer to A Cricket team where he will dicuss the fitness of the player with the Physio and Coach of the team and plan the training program accordingly. He will monitor the fitness of the player and report the same to the coach and prepare training activities.

Whether will his services be exempted under MEGA Exemption NOTIFICATION NO. 25/2012-ST, DATED 20-6-2012 under clause no. 2, 8 & 11(a).

Kindly guide

Suraj

trupesh

asked On 30 September 2014 at 18:01

Answer this query now

Interest & penalty

We are a partnership firm and our turnover is below 30 lacs and we are not knowing about service tax payment detail and not paid any amount of service tax from april to government.
we have a liability of service tax of 2 lacs without interest and penalty so kindly provide me a detail of penalty and interest and service tax return filling date for quarter or half yearly

CA SOHAM SHUKLA

asked On 30 September 2014 at 14:19

Answer this query now

Rcm

We are a pvt ltd co. engaged in the business of labour supply to the builders.

We engage small labour contractors and collect service tax from under partial rcm basis(under cl 9 of notification 30/2012-ST).

I want to know when the credit of such ST collected by us from small labour contractors should be taken? Do I need to make the payment of ST to the Govt and then take the credit or setoff against cenvat credit available at the end of the month?

Pl clarify how the cenvat credit should be taken along with reference to relevant provisions in the act and/or relevant case laws.

Anonymous

asked On 29 September 2014 at 22:19

Answer this query now

Validity of notice

Respected Sir,

Kindly advice me the following information :

A Notice was served by Service Tax Department to an assesse to produce certain documents in connection to scrutiny proceeding, then after that the Assessee did not submitted the required documents as demanded by the Service Tax Department (Superintendent) neither the assessee meet in person. After that about 3 months a reminder was served to the Assessee for submission of demanded documents.

1) My question is what is the time limit for the Notice (Is it under Limitation Act?)

2) Is the Notice was time barred or not, if yes then how many days?

3) What is the time limit to send a reminder upon the previous served Notice?

4) What is the validity period of the said Notice if department did not focus or fails to continue to send reminder upon the said notice?

Thank You. Please reply.

deepak

asked On 29 September 2014 at 21:26

Answer this query now

Penalty and interest both or only interest

HI,
One of my friend (proprietorship firm )raised bill on 20 feb 2014 and receive payment on 20 may 2014 as per POT rules due date of payment of service tax becomes 31st march 2014.
He did not pay stax nor he inform about it through stax return filed on 25 April 2014. also he did not show the amount in balancesheet filed on 31 march 2014.

I suggest him to submit tax with interest and penalty and revise Stax and income tax return.
Please advise :-

Is it possible to revise stax return?
IS interest on delayed payment and penalty both apllicable on him or only interest .?

Pls advise asap as from1st october interest rates are increasing.

Anantha krishna T

asked On 29 September 2014 at 19:57

Answer this query now

Service tax and tds

A transport agency A ships the goods to a company called B on road. And he submits the bill to a person C. C in turn produces the bill to B.
In this scenario who is liable to pay service tax? Whether A or B And is TDS deductable on the bills produced by person C.

Can any one clarify?

Anantha krishna

Anonymous

asked On 29 September 2014 at 19:03

Answer this query now

Service tax

Hi Sir,

I will provide the sale bill for opposite party including 2% cst. and the client reached in daman. So service tax is applicable for daman or not applicable. Because my labour turnover cross the limit of rs 1000000/-. So please suggest me In Daman place service tax is applicable or its exempt in service tax. please reply me