Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Service Tax

Filter Query : All | Only Resolved | Only Open

GAURAV

asked On 31 October 2014 at 23:20

Answer this query now

Srrvice tax voluantary payment

Resp. Members, one of the adssesse is liable for st in 2013 -14 fy as :- total service :- 1152000 ( without charging st in bill means for st purpose we can assume as st is included in above amount ) as this amt is paid to assess by his Sr on 31st march 2014. now prob is that assess has registered for st on 15.09.2014 not in fy 2013-14 due to lack of information . now what amt should assess pay voluantary to govt incl interest . 10 lac exemption applicable u/en 33/2012

yuvak

asked On 31 October 2014 at 22:02

Answer this query now

Service tax liability on icai examiner fees received??

Dear Experts,

I am a Practicing CA (Individual Capacity) and also a Partner with a CA Firm which is liable for Service Tax.

I also perform Examiner function for ICAI for its exam papers and for which ICAI remunerates me.

Query:

1. If my Professional Fees (as Practicing CA - Individual) are lower than 10 lacs, am I still liable to Service Tax?

2. If Professional Fees plus Examiner Fees (from ICAI) exceed 10 lacs, the Service Tax liability?

Thanks in advance..

Anonymous

asked On 31 October 2014 at 21:21

Answer this query now

Service tax return for smal service provider

whether service return is filing mandatory for small service provider

or
if service tax payable by under RCM if service provider turnover below 9 lacs.,

Anonymous

asked On 31 October 2014 at 21:07

Answer this query now

Whether service provided liable to service tax

Hi Experts,

Wanted to know whether the following export services would be liable to service tax

Application support service on business information reports, ERP, ERP Implemention and online information for support.

The above service all are exported and done through online service...

Deeak

asked On 31 October 2014 at 19:01

Answer this query now

Service tax code

I need service tax code for the supply of food items,grocery store items, birthday party items. Please tell me the relevant code for the same as this is the Govt. Tender and without service tax i won't be able to get the work from them.

Jatin Jain

asked On 31 October 2014 at 17:53

Answer this query now

On commission paid to foreign agents on exports

Wef from Oct 1, 2014, the definition of intermediary has been amended to include an agent for sale of goods under Place of Provision of Services Rules, 2012 and accordingly, as per Rule 9 thereof, the place of provision of service shall be the location of the service provider. In case of overseas selling representatives to procure order for exports, the place of providing service shall be in non-taxable territory and hence, not liable to service tax with effect from the said date. Is this correct?

Further, we shall be also paying commission after October 1, 2014 for orders booked prior to the said date since after the orders have received, the material is manufactured, shipped and payment received after which the commission is paid to the overseas unit. This process takes anything between 3 to 6 months. Hence, whether the commission paid after October 1, 2014 even though the service of obtaining the order was performed before the said date will be entitled to exemption under the above rules or whether Notification no. 42/2012 dated June 29, 2012 should be complied with where commission is paid after October 1, 2014 but the services were performed before the said date.

Kindly give your views.

Anonymous

asked On 31 October 2014 at 16:49

Answer this query now

Transportation of goods in own vehicle by a company

if a company Supply the goods to another company in its own vehicle (truck), whether service tax is applicable or not on such transaction??

if yes, who is the person liable to pay service tax in the following 2 situations..

1) seller issues two separate invoices for freight and goods..

2) seller issues a single invoice and shows freight separately in invoice..

Anonymous

asked On 31 October 2014 at 16:40

Answer this query now

Tax liability on annual maintainance contract

RESPECTED SIR/MADAM,

I HAVE QUERY THAT,

I HAVE WORK'S CONTRACT WITH ONE COMPANY OF RS. 10,000 PER MONTH.
SO, ON THIS AMOUNT WHAT I HAVE TO CHARGE EITHER VAT OR SERVICE TAX ?
IN THIS ANNUAL MAINTENANCE CONTRACT I HAVE TO CONSUME BOTH LABOUR AND MATERIAL.
IF I HAVE TO CHARGE VAT & SERVICE TAX BOTH.
WHAT WILL BE THE ASSESSABLE VALUE FOR BOTH.

KINDLY ADVICE.

REGARDS,

vinay

asked On 31 October 2014 at 16:30

Answer this query now

Input credit

I have a query

We are having two kinds of service , can
we take input credit for both service or we need to pay tax for one service even though we have excess input credit.

Vinay
Manager Finance

tarang patel

asked On 31 October 2014 at 16:16

Answer this query now

Service tax on membership of a salon

can a salon charge service tax on their membership?, and is it approx 12 percentage ?