Sumit Nama
19 February 2017 at 21:41

Hello Respected MembersOne of my client is doing business of washing of tent clothWhether it is taxable or not. As I know as per provision of service tax in Dryclean Definition it is state that washing cloths n garments n textile Please clarify Thank you

Answer now

Anonymous
18 February 2017 at 19:18

My friend who is working in a builders firm ( Pvt. Ltd) . The said Co. has got OC up to 2nd Floor, for the upper floors ie 3 rd Floor to 7floor OC not yet received, the property/offices have been sold & have been soft occupation to them & they are using the office.His query is can his company raise the Maintenance bills on Offices & collected Service Tax on the same for the upper floors for which OC not yet received.

2) Secondly. his Co. is collecting maintenance charges @ Rs 10 per sq ft ( on basis of actual working) from the members for which Part OC received. To some members Maintenance Bills are couriered & the cost comes to Rs 25/- per member.His query can he add this Rs 25/- in next Maintenance bill & Whether the service tax is also to be charged/collected on this Courier charges of Rs 25/-.
Pls explain

Answer now

DELMA DRAWY T
18 February 2017 at 16:20

A Society of Doctors (12 AA Registered) engaged in the research in “Oncology” conduct an international conference in India.
Whether the registration fee received from the participants is liable for Service Tax?

Answer now

parshv jain
18 February 2017 at 12:42

whether service tax is to be charged for providing renting of immovable service to cooperative society registered under state cooperative society act.

Answer now

BALAJI MADAKE
18 February 2017 at 11:11

We are a manufacturer of Capital Goods, Recently Excise Authority Visited to Our Factory.
We are manufacturer our marketing/sales team sending offers/quotations for our products is as under
• Product Cost 35,00,000/-
Excise Duty (12.5%) 4,37,500/-
And Sales Tax/Vat as Applicable Extra
Along with above marketing policy we are mentioning
• Installation & Commissioning Charges Extra :50,000/- at the time of sending offers/quotation

At the time Finalization of offer/quotation. We are giving discount (5%) for product cost i.e. Rs.1, 75,000/-, Installation & Commissioning Charges Nil/Waived off and finalizing the offer as verbal discussion & asking to give final Purchase Order to buyers.

Now Excise Authority is asking to pay Service Tax on Installation & Commissioning Charges which we have waived off to customers to get orders.
Now question is that
Is it against law?
Can we pay service tax on Installation & Commissioning Charges waived off in offer/quotation to all our cases?
Under which ground?

Answer now

chamarthi venkatesh
18 February 2017 at 10:39

Dear sir, I have a doubt regarding the following example invoice amount - 1000 service tax. - 140 SBC. - 5 KKC. - 5 Total. - 1150 The input tax credit adjusted by customer is as follows Service tax credit. - 140 KKC Credit. - 10 They are adjusting SBC with KKC Credit is this acceptable ?

Answer now

PRAVEEN GOENKA
17 February 2017 at 19:08

We are selling goods on behalf of companies in China / Indonesia / Thailand to customers based in Bangladesh. Commission is received in US Dollars.
1) Is Service Tax payable on this?
2) If not, how can this income be shown separately while filing S T returns?

Answer now

Anonymous
17 February 2017 at 12:43

what will be service tax rate on work contact of landscape work and Hard scape work which involve pergola works, play court preparation works, irrigation works, gate works, installation of light.

person received contract from company .
1 RCM applicable or not
2 abatement rate

Answer now

Raja Banerjee
16 February 2017 at 19:56

An entity has received taxable service under reverse charge mechanism, for which it had self assessed the value of the taxable service to Rupees 5,00,000. Thereafter it paid service tax @ 15% amounting to Rupees 75,000 and had also availed cenvat credit for the same as input service. The Assessing Authority however, assessed the value of the taxable service under reverse charge mechanism to be Rupees 6,00,000 and calculated the service tax to be Rupees 90,000. Therefore, the assessing authority gave a notice for payment of balance amount of service tax of Rupees 15,000 along with interest. The organization paid the additional service tax of Rupees 15,000 along with applicable interest charges levied by the assessing authority.
Now the question is, whether the entity can avail cenvat credit as input service for the additional service tax of Rupees 15,000.

Answer now

Anonymous
16 February 2017 at 18:58

Please can any one help me in my query....

The case is service provider (Sanstha) was providing services of security guard from 16/03/2010 to 31/01/2016 to government and services of providing manpower and cook services to corporations from 2008-09 to 2016. So now the service tax was paid of 2014-15 of 1st quarter only of Rs. 5,77,411/- on the turnover of Rs. 48,10,224/- in service tax return, but actual as per income tax was Rs. 3,26,78,341/-. Also of 2015-16, the income tax turnover was Rs. 3,00,00,436/- and no service tax was paid. So, can we claim the exemptions or come in reverse charge. what will be service tax liability of 2014-15 and 2015-16 ?

Answer now