Anonymous
21 January 2017 at 17:21

We are running a B School which got approval from competent authority.
We have Service tax registration and are filing nill returns as we were in negative list.
No we are planning to provide hostel facilities to our students including food.
Kindly advice the service tax implications?

Answer now

Dnyaneshwar Dhakiphale
21 January 2017 at 16:41

I sarang construction company i partnership firm providing the services of construction other than residential complex & civil structure.Kindly guide me when should we pay the service tax
1) On the date of agreement
or
2) on the date of receipt of Money
or
3) date on which we debits the Consideration receivable from flat holders.
& what rate of service tax & can we avail the input against this output ST.

Please reply me fast please

Answer now

Krishna
21 January 2017 at 15:05

Hi sir i hv 1 query If a builder gives flats in consideration of cost of land to land owners then builder is liable to pay service tax on that flats ???

Answer now

CA Arun A
21 January 2017 at 15:03

A Private Limited Company is engaged in construction of residential flats or complex and selling them. The land on which the flats are constructed belong to the same company. The company receives advances from customer while the flats are constructed and hand over to them after completion.

Now my query is,
1) The services rendered by the company will be classified under works contract service or construction of residential complex service?

2) If classified under construction of residential complex service, whether the pvt ltd company can collect service tax from the customers as per Notification. 26/2012 (i.e) 4.5% [30% of 15%] including the value of land, as a separate component?

3) If classified under construction of residential complex service, whether the company can take CENVAT credit on input services such as architect fees, sub-contract of civil works etc

Please clarify

Answer now

shivaji prasad bhimavarapu
21 January 2017 at 06:08

Mr A, Indian resident, has developed entertainment videos and uploaded in his own channel in Youtube. He is getting income from "youtube" which is based outside India , as his videos are getting popular. What is his taxability under Service tax as well as Income tax?

Answer now

Anonymous
20 January 2017 at 20:27

Dear Friends,
one of my clients has purchased land from government on rent for lease bas, and he is established shop & Offices on that land,& give that all shops on rent.Government issue to me With service tax bill,& i also charge Service tax in my bill to that renter & also hired security agency service,that security service also give me a service tax bill.so my question is that can i get cenvat credit on this renting of immovable credit service

Answer now

samol
20 January 2017 at 20:16

Hello,
I have query related to Service Tax & VAT...
I booked flat on 29-SEP-2015 in Pune and done registration on 26-Nov-2015, below is the case for that I want to know about the service tax applicable or not ?
[ Flat Base cost is 49,40,000/- , Service Tax - 1,72,900/- Vat - 49,400, 20% Down-Payment - 9,88,000 ]
1. Booked flat on 29-Sep-2015 with booking amount [ 1,00,000/- (One lac) ]
2. Builder received OC Certificate on 10-NOV-2015
3. Made all remaining payments (20%) for registration on 16-Nov-2015 [Service Tax: 1,72,900 + Vat - 49,400 + Down-Payment - 8,88,000 + booking Amount + Registration Charges ]
4. Completed flat registration on 26-Nov-2015

So in this case what will be Service Tax & VAT
1. Will Service Tax & VAT applicable only on the Booking Amount as OC is received before Registration also other payments done after getting OC.
2. Will Service Tax & VAT applicable on the Flat base Cost as booking is done on before getting OC?

If Service Tax & VAT are applicable then which documents provided by builder, so I can confirmed that builder has paid to the government?

S. Amol

Answer now

md shakil
20 January 2017 at 18:22

I have a simple query about purely labour supplier for service tax issues.

The labour supplier provides services of cleaning and maintaining cars for the service recipient to a car selling company... both in kolkata.

Pl advice will the labour supplier come under service tax bracket... if yes under which category.

Your valuable advice is awaited.

Answer now

APARESH GHOSH
20 January 2017 at 17:53

Hiring of vehicles from Transporters for transportation of LPG Cylinders from various places, e.g., from HPCL Plant to godown, from one godown to another, from godown to Customer's residence etc. for supply of LPG cylinders. Please advise the applicability of Service Tax .

Answer now

Alok Dubey
20 January 2017 at 16:10

A firm provides miscellaneous furniture making, repairing services and aluminium partition work at the site of another Manufacturer. The material is provided by the latter. However, there is no relation of the work done by the service provider to that of manufacturing done by the manufacture.
Question here is whether the services provided by the former amounts to Job work or Works Contract Services ?
If it amounts to works contract services., Is the receiver of services need to pay service tax under reverse charge. Please elaborate the tax liability of both the sides

Answer now