Home > Experts > Service Tax

Filter Query : All | Only Resolved | Only Open

SKY D

asked On 03 May 2015 at 06:35

Answer this query now

Service tax rate for property developers

sir...I want to know the service rax rate for property developers. .....plz clarify this. ...

Anonymous

asked On 02 May 2015 at 16:20

Answer this query now

Foreign exchange conversion co. st-3 rejected

We are in the business of Foreign Exchange Conversion.

And we have calculated and paid service tax based on Rule6(7B).

Rule 6(7B)
Example 1)1,20,000 2) 60,000 3) 20,000

Example 1 :- Rs. 1,20,000
upto 100,000 :- 0.12% of 100,000 = Rs. 120
above 100,000 :- 0.06% of 20,000 = Rs. 12
Total Tax = 132 + 4(EC+SHEC @3%)= Rs. 136

Example 2 :- Rs. 80,000
upto 100,000 :- 0.12% of 80,000 = Rs. 96
Total Tax = 96 + 3(EC+SHEC @3%) = Rs. 99

Example 3 :- Rs. 20,000
upto 100,000 :- 0.12% of 20,000= Rs. 24 but since amount is less than Rs. 30 thus Rs. 30 shall be considered as tax.
Total Tax = 30 + 1(EC+SHEC @3%) = Rs.31

Taking into Account the above examples, The Service Tax Return(ST3) asks for the month wise gross value and calculates service tax based on advalorem rate. but in our case the rate is not fixed. Example: if we write gross value of Rs.20,000 as in the case 3 then the utility sheet will calculate the service tax as 24 instead of Rs.30.

Since the utility of ST-3 doesn’t facilitate the transaction wise calculation of service tax. Thus we had to make certain alteration in Advalorem rate keeping in mind the rule 6(7b).

We had paid our Service Tax as in accordance with the guidelines stipulated by the Service Tax Act. We had also filed our Service Tax return before the due date i.e. 25th April 2015. However our Return for the period Oct 2014 to Mar 2015 has been rejected.

Please help us that how do we reflect transaction wise calculation in the ST-3. And also do I need to pay late filing fee since the original return was rejected.
Please reply Urgently

preet prakash

asked On 02 May 2015 at 12:40

Answer this query now

Cenvat on repairs of ipad

Hi all
Is cenvat(ST Cr.) available on repairs of ipad or cell phones for an individual who is filing ST 3 on Renting of an immovable property???????????
thxn
preet

Apoorva Khanna

asked On 01 May 2015 at 18:05

Answer this query now

Registeration

My client is in the business of organising industrial seminars. the turnover of Rs. 900000/- was crossed in December. Kindly resolve the following queries:

1. In which head will service be taxable - event management or other taxable services?

2. since registration is being applied now, what is the penalty for late registration?

3. Also as time for filing ST3 has expired, can penalty for it be condoned as earlier no registration was there?

vivek mishra

asked On 01 May 2015 at 15:11

Answer this query now

Service tax applicable on air ambulance service

we are non schedule aircraft operator.
we are providing ambulance service to patient.

Kindly advise us service tax applicable on this services.

Anonymous

asked On 01 May 2015 at 15:03

Answer this query now

Surrender of service tax no.

hello frnds,

Service tax surrender application is filled by me online, but before taking its print out I logged out. Now I am suffering from problem to download this application form, as no link is available to download the same. Can any one help me out in this regard!!!!

Anonymous

asked On 30 April 2015 at 22:43

Answer this query now

When service tax amednded

what is procedure to amendment of service tax certificate when addition and deletion of services is made.

Anonymous

asked On 30 April 2015 at 17:41

Answer this query now

Service tax applicability on park of general public

Whether development of park/garden for general public is exempted from service tax?

A contractor(pvt ltd company) doing design consultancy work of a park which is used for general public and raise bill of rs 300000+service tax to a government authority

Now contractor claiming service tax from government auhtority

WHETHER THIS SERVICE IS EXEMPTED FROM SERVICE TAX
OR
GOVERNMENT AUTHORITY IS REQUIRED TO PAY SERVICE TAX IN BILL TO CONTRACTOR

Anonymous

asked On 30 April 2015 at 17:30

Answer this query now

Re: updating mobile, email at service tax site

Please advise how to update EMAIL Id and Mobile No. in case of old service tax assessee.
Lst date is 30/04/2015 or 31./05/2015.
Thanks in advance

Anonymous

asked On 30 April 2015 at 15:49

Answer this query now

Works contract

We are service providers and registered with service tax and not registered with VAT,we are only receiver of works contract not providing, when bill is raised by the vendor on us how much tax we have to pay and to whom it is to be paid whether to service tax department or to commercial tax department, please clarify this, it is related to AP VAT.

Narendra