Avail 50% discount on all online CA classes for Nov Exam(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code NOV15

Home > Experts > Income Tax > Exemption in respect of Food coupons

Exemption in respect of Food coupons (Income Tax)

02 September 2008

Pls guide me to understand the tax implication in respect of the Food coupons (SOdexho) given by Company to employees as a part of CTC.
1. R they exempt from tax while calculating TDS from Salary of employees. If yes, to what extent. Pls provide ref. section or rule.

2. R they exempt from FBT for employers ?
As per my knowledge food coupons are exempt from tax to the tune of Rs 15600/- (50Rs.*26 working days* 12 Months).

Pls guide.

Hemal jani

CMA Jitendra Singh

06 September 2008

Sodex HO is good option for company as there is no limit of expenses under FBT for meal vouchers.

But from Employee point of view,Hemal your point is right and meal vouchers provided above Rs.15600 in a year will be perquisite in hand of employee and TDS will be made as per section 192