Entry Tax in Orissa

09 June 2009

We are sending our goods to our Consignment agent in Orissa from Maharashtra on F form.
E.g.: Pickle, Jam
Is their any liability of Entry Tax in Orissa???

Sumit gupta (Expert)
09 June 2009

YES THERE IS ENTRY TAX. Subject to the provisions of sub-rule (4) the goods specified in part II of the Schedule to the Act shall be exigible to the tax at the rate of 2% of the purchase value.
Subject to the provisions of sub-rule (4), the goods specified in Part I of the Schedule to the Act shall be exigible to the tax at the rate of 1% of the purchase value

Prashant (Querist)
09 June 2009

Then who will be responsible for paying entry tax Consigner (outside from state) or Consignee (who received goods for trading)?