Home > Experts > Students > Eligibility of gmcs i

Eligibility of gmcs i (Students)

25 March 2013

whether it is necessery to pass both group of ipcc for registration GMCS-I.as per the annonucment of the icai it should be done within 1 year of article ship but if a student is not passed his 2nd group in 1 year what's its effects.

pls reply as early as possible.

Thanks and reagrds

Ajay Mishra

25 March 2013

Hi

Yes.

GMCS ELIGIBILITY

A student who has passed Intermediate / Professional Education (Examination – II) / Professional Competence Course and is serving his last 12 months of articles is eligible to complete the course. The requirement of compulsory attendance in this course applies to all the Articled/ Audit Assistants:

A student after being declared successful in the Final Examination under old or new scheme can be admitted as an associate member only after completion of the course on General Management and Communication Skills

A student who completes Three Months’ Residential Programme in General Management, Personality Development and Communication Skills organized by the Board of Studies will not be required to undergo GMCS Course.

Ajay Mishra

25 March 2013

Implementation of New GMCS Programme - (30-04-2012)

________________________________________
The Council has decided that the General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) Programme, presently being organized for 15 days for the CA students should be organized twice during the period of articled training as under:

(i) GMCS-I (15 days) - during 1st year of articled training

(ii) GMCS-II (15 days) - after completion of 18 months of training but before completion of articled training

In view of the above decision, it is hereby informed that GMCS-I & II Programme will be implemented in respect of those students, who will be registered for articled training on or after 1st May, 2012. Students, who are undergoing articled training or have been registered for articled training prior to 1st May, 2012 shall be governed by the existing GMCS Scheme. The fee for each programme of GMCS I & II shall be Rs.6,500/- only.

Director
Board of Studies

Source: http://www.icai.org/new_post.html?post_id=8451&c_id=219

pankaj

25 March 2013

pls reply as early as possible

Thanks & regards

Dintakurthi Tirumala

25 March 2013

No need to passing of both groups of IPCC to start GMCS -1 only condition is has to start articleship to start articleship passing of 1st group of IPCC is sufficient.

OM SAI SRI SAI JAI JAI SAI

Manmohan ACA, CS

07 October 2013

I have completed my articleship on 31-08-2010 , but till date i have not done my GMCS.
I have a simple question. In order to be eligible for Membership whether GMCS 1 or GMCS 2 or both is mandatory ...

Ajay Mishra

07 October 2013

Hi

The new GMCS provision will not apply in your case. The old provision will be applicable to you because you have completed your article ship in 2010. As per this GMCS eligibility:

Aryan Singhania (Pallav)

07 October 2013

You have to go under simple GMCS,

The concept of GMCS 1 and GMCS 2 is for the students who started their articleship after 30th April,2012...

regards,

Manmohan ACA, CS

07 October 2013

All THE GMCS COURSES CONDUCTED BY ICAI IS DIVIDED IN TWO CATEGORIES
1) GMCS 1
2) GMCS 2..
SO WHICH I SHOULD ENROLL FOR ?? ?

Aryan Singhania (Pallav)

07 October 2013

Contact the branch in which you want to do your GMCS,
they will assist you...

However, you can check online seat availability for the GMCS...

CCI Coaching Faculties