Avail 50% discount on all online CA classes for Nov Exam(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code NOV15

Home > Experts > LAW > Due date of payment of Provident Fund

Due date of payment of Provident Fund (LAW)

Recently I came across a news that due date for payment of Provident fund is 15th of the month following the month of payment of salary. Extension period is upto 20th of the month following the month of payment of salary after which penalty shall be imposed.

Is it True?

If yes, can you give me the source [sec no/rule no.etc] if I want to substantiate to my Seniors.

CA Shailesh Kumar Bhagat

As per my information it is still 15 days.

B.Chackrapani Warrier

Also, five days of grace period has been allowed to employers for payment of Provident Fund contributions by clause (iii) of CPFC’S Circular No.E.128(1) 60-III dated 19-3-1964 as modified by circular No.E11/128 (section 14-B Amendment)/73 dated 24-10-1973.