DUE DATE FOR SERVICE TAX RETURNS.

what is the due date for depositing the service tax payable to the govt. of India.
Please give me the due dates for different assessees for the A.Y.2008-09.

CA. Vineet Grover (Expert)

The due date for deposit of service tax challan (GAR-7) is 5th of the subsequent month.

The due date for filing of service tax return is on half yearly basis on 25th of the subsequent month.

Dayal (Expert)

The due date for payment of service tax for companies is 5th of suceeding month and 6th if paid electronically i.e. e-payment

The due date for Individuals is Quarterly i.e for april to june it is 5th of july and accordingly for rest of the quarters

Returns are Half yearly

For April to Sept it is 25th October

For Oct to March it is 25th April