Home > Experts > Income Tax > Due date for filing of wealth tax return

Due date for filing of wealth tax return (Income Tax)

06 September 2011

Dear All,
Where a company is required to furnish a report in Form No. 3CEB u/s. 92E pertaining to International transactions, due date of filing I.T.Return is 30th November. Please advise what will be the due date of filing wealth tax return in such case.
Thanks n regards
Ramesh

B.Chackrapani Warrier

06 September 2011

The due date specified in section 139(1) of the Income tax Act,1961 squarely apply to wealth tax return to be filed under section 14(1) of the Wealth tax Act,1957 meaning thereby, the cut off date is 30 th September.

Ramesh

06 September 2011

Thanks Sir,
i have just referred the section 14 of the wealth tax act which is saying referrence of section 139 of the I.T. Act. Please clear the due date is 30th September or 30th November in the case of a company which is required to furnish a report in Form No. 3CEB u/s. 92E pertaining to International transactions.
Again Thanks,Ramesh

B.Chackrapani Warrier

06 September 2011

Specified date for the purpose of section 92 E is due date mentioned in explanation 2 below section 139(1) ie 30 th November. So for a company covered under section 92E, cut off date for filing W.T return is 30 th November.
My earlier observation stands corrected to the above extent.