Difference between traveling exp and conveyance exp

14 September 2011

pls clarify me regarding Difference between traveling expense and conveyance expense...

Both expenses same r vary?

CMA Ramesh Krishnan (Expert)
14 September 2011

Traveling expenses which incurred on travel to city other than origin city, suppose you travel from Delhi to Chennai, the fare of Delhi to Chennai and return is the travel expenses

Conveyance is the travel cost with in the city which you incurring with in Chennai & Delhi.

U S Sharma (Expert)
14 September 2011

1) travelling : paid to employee for "travel from office to the place of work and return to office"

2) conveyance : paid to employee for travel from the place of living to office and return to place of living.

travelling is incidental, but conveyance is fixed remunaration paid with salary.

CMA Ashutosh Kumar Gupta (Expert)
15 September 2011

Conveyance is locally incurrence whether Fixed or on Variable basis whereas Travelling is the cost incurred to make journey possible within two stations by any means. Broadly conveyance is covered within the umbrella of Travelling but point and period of incidence differentiate the nature of head of expense/cost.