Home > Experts > Others > Difference between Pan,tan and tin no.

Difference between Pan,tan and tin no. (Others)

This query is : Open

Dear Expert,

Please give me the knowledge about above subject i know about pan, tan and tin but confuse so plz share with me ur information and how can i apply sale tax no.

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

PAN is Permanent Account Number ie account number of the assessee in the Income Tax department and every assessee should have only one PAN.

TAN is the Tax-Deduction Account Number i.e. the account number alloted by Income Tax dept. to the assessee who has right to duduct tax at source on income(TDS) or collect at source (TCS).

TIN-The Tax Payer’s Identification Number (TIN) is new unique registration number that is used for identification of dealers registered under VAT. It consists of 11 digit numerals and will be unique throughout the country. First two characters will represent the State Code as used by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs. The set-up of the next nine characters may, however, be different in different States.

So i can deduct TDS whick kind of payment like if i purchase cloths can i deduct TDS and How can i apply for TIN no. and fees how much in delhi

Aditya Maheshwari

TDS is deducted on certain payments as specified under chapter XVII of the income tax act i. e. section 192 - 196D.

If any payment is being made as specified in those section then TDS deductible.

TDS not to be deducted on material purchased and hence not be deducted on cloths.

Thanks Aditya

One of the my last query about tin how can i apply this. please tell n fee also