Deduction U/S 80C

17 February 2017

I have made investment in F.D for claiming deduction u/s 80C on 18.03.2016 but due to some problem bank made FDR on 1.04.2016 although the debit in the account was on 18.03.2016 and it is duly reflecting in the statement. So please suggest me can I claim 80C deduction when amount debited in my account on 18.03.2016 but FDR was made on 1.04.2016

SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

17 February 2017

80c deduction can be claimed only for the FDR made date.

B.Chackrapani Warrier (Expert)
17 February 2017

Eligible to claim 80C in financial year 2016-17 only.

mohd.shahzeb (Querist)
17 February 2017

Then due the mistake of bank , assessee will suffer. Although the debit entry for the amount of FDR is 18.03.2016. What should I do should I claim or not on the basis of entry in bank statement .

SEETHARAMAN (Expert)

17 February 2017

Ask your bankers to change the date of FDR, it is possible as the have debited your ac. Unless the date of deposit is changed you can't claim based on the entry in the bank statement.