Avail 50% discount on all subjects for Nov batch(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code Nov14.

×
Home > Experts > Service Tax > deduction of service tax

deduction of service tax (Service Tax)

I want to clarify that, in a composition scheme value for charging service tax includes the wole contract amount even material supplied free of cost but i thik this amendment is applicabe for contract freshly started after july 2009, so contract started before july 2009 will not include amount for which material supplied free of cost. PLZ let me know wthere im correct or not, reply asap

Madhukar N Hiregange

Though it is logical that it should have resricted to the contracts commencing from 7.7.09, the wording do not support. Therefore the contracts started earlier/ later would after that date be liable oin the gross amount.