Home > Experts > Others > Cpe hrs for practising members

Cpe hrs for practising members (Others)

i m a practising CA,cleared my CA in May,2012 attempt,CPE hrs for the 1st year that was 2012 was exempt for me,but for 2013 year i have to complete 20 structured CPE hrs,but due to some personal reasons,m unable to attend the classes given by institute.....hw can i comply with the guidelines without attending the classes regarding completion of cpe hrs or can they be postponed to next year.......next year i will b able to go & attend them....plz give me your valuable advice......

Nikhil Kaushik and Associates

1. No you cannot postpone. you need to complete the 20 structured hours in next 11 days as the block of 2 years is ending on 31 December 2013.

2. If you wish to postpone to the next calender year, the penalties are bit strict:

a) your name shall be hosted on ICAI website as defaulter

b)you shall have to do twice the amount of hours in next year plus the regular hours for next year ie somewhere around 60 hours in the next year, to get your name removed from the list

There are many seminars being hosted by NIRC. try and attend atleast as much as possible. this shall help in reduction in double penalty hours!!

Monica Srivastava

ok,thank u sir 4 helping me out....

Nikhil Kaushik and Associates

you are welcome Monica...