( Author )
02 April 2012
A CA wants to audit a co-operative housing society in Mumbai, Maharashtra and have the following questions in this regard:
1) Under which act will the audit be done? Will be under Maharashtra Co-op Societies Act, 1960 or The Co-op Societies Act, 1912?
2) Which ITR form is used to file return of a co-op society?
3) Please also show me what is the audit format(like B/S, P/L etc.)
4) Any other fact that maybe important.
5) Can a person other than a CA audit a housing co-op society in Maharashtra? In some states, Govt does authorize some kind of officers to do so. So what is the law in Maharashtra?