CHANGE OF MAJOR HEAD IN TDS CHALLAN

17 June 2008

I had made payment of TDS through epayment. But at the time of filling the challan detaisl I wrongly tiked on COMPANY DEDUCTEE insted of NON-COMPANY DEDUCTEE in Major Head. If I have to change this major head to NON-COMPANY DEDUCTEE what is the procedure or to whom should I contact.

CA CS Prakash Somani (A helpin (Expert)
17 June 2008

If you have made any mistakes in your TDS/TCS returns you can rectify them by filing a correction statement. Procedure for preparation and filing of return is available in TIN website.

If bank has made any mistake in the amount or name or major head code given by them against your CIN, they can rectify them

If the bank has made any mistake in TAN or CIN you will have to contact your TDS Assessing Officers

If bank has not uploaded your challan, then you may request the bank to upload the same.
You can verify the details provided by the banks by using the “Challan Status Inquiry” facility available in TIN web-site

Shyam Lal Naik (Expert)
17 June 2008

You need to approach your AO to carry out the necessary correction.

uday (Querist)
17 June 2008

i have got two replys. Shall I contact AO or Bank?

CA CS Prakash Somani (A helpin (Expert)
17 June 2008

If bank has made any mistake then you should contact Bank otherwise AO.

Shyam Lal Naik (Expert)
17 June 2008

Practically, I donot think it will create any problem.