Change of address in service tax Registration

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 21 November 2010

What is current procedure to amend Address in Service Tax ?

Ram Avtar Singh (Expert)

Amendment would be required where there is any change in the particulars furnished in the ST 1 at the time of registration.

The changes shall be intimated to the department within 30 days of such change
The fact that the ST 1 is being filed for an amendment, should be clearly highlighted on the form
The assessee shall submit a certified copy of the Registration Certificate
The application may also be accompanied by a covering note explaining the circumstances that led to the change with copies of relevant documents being given.

B.Chackrapani Warrier (Expert)

Ram Ji

ST-1 has to be filed electronically in my state, Kerala. Is it compulsory for all states and for all category of service providers. Kly elucidate.

Ram Avtar Singh (Expert)

Ya E filing in all state. but hard copy (print) also required by range.