advertise
advertise
Home > Experts > Corporate Law > CHANGE IN NAME AND OBJECT CLAUSE

CHANGE IN NAME AND OBJECT CLAUSE (Corporate Law)

06 July 2009

DEAR ALL

I WNAT TO KNOW THE PROCEDURE AND FORMS REQUIRED FOR CHANGE IN NAME AND OBJECT CLAUSE OF A PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THE LIASIONING TO BE DONE WITH THE OFFICE OF ROC

Ankur Garg

06 July 2009

Change of name of the company is governed by section 21 of the companies act, 1956.

First apply for availability of name in form 1A with requisite fee. After getting name avilibility from ROC pass the necessary resolution u/s 21.

U/s 21 you have to pass a special resolution in general meeting of shareholders and file form 23 with in 30 days of passing such special resolution in general meeting.

Apart from passing special resolution in general meeting you have to obtain central govt approval for change of name.

Ankur Garg

06 July 2009

For change in object clause you have to alter your memorandum of association.

By passing a special resolution in general meeting of shareholders for alteration of MOA you may alter your object clause.

In that case also you have to pass special resolution and file form 23 with in 30 days of passing such special resolution in general meeting.

Also attach altered MOA along with form 23.

If you need checklist for change of name send me a testmail at "ankur_gargcs
@rediffmail.com". I'll send you the same.