Change in central excise duty rate for cetsh no. 39021000

This query is : Open  Report Abuse Subscribe

09 September 2013

Whenever I file ER-1 online it always shows an error "The tariff notification number/serial number of the notification you have entered does not exist in the database!!"

I am using tariff notification no. 18/2012 Sl. no. 28 for Tariff Notification Availed under Duty payable for clearance of goods having CETSH no. 39211900.

There is also a notification 27/2012 saying that the Central Government hereby rescinds notification 18/2012.

First of all I am not able to understand what is the meaning of Notification no. 27/2012. Secondly, I am confused whether the Central Excise duty rate that I am using for my item is correct or not?

Please help me to rectify this error.

Arun Kumar Singh (Expert)

17 September 2013

Sl. No. and notification No. of notification No. 27/2012 has been remitted. Your product will be fall under the notification No. 18/2012 Sl No. 28. you are right.

Jay Zatakia (Querist)

17 September 2013

Sir, does that means that whatever duty was applicable before the notification 18/2012 was published is the correct duty to be considered as of now?