Home > Experts > Excise > Change in central excise duty rate for cetsh no. 39021000

Change in central excise duty rate for cetsh no. 39021000 (Excise)

This query is : Open

09 September 2013

Whenever I file ER-1 online it always shows an error "The tariff notification number/serial number of the notification you have entered does not exist in the database!!"

I am using tariff notification no. 18/2012 Sl. no. 28 for Tariff Notification Availed under Duty payable for clearance of goods having CETSH no. 39211900.

There is also a notification 27/2012 saying that the Central Government hereby rescinds notification 18/2012.

First of all I am not able to understand what is the meaning of Notification no. 27/2012. Secondly, I am confused whether the Central Excise duty rate that I am using for my item is correct or not?

Please help me to rectify this error.

Arun Kumar Singh

17 September 2013

Sl. No. and notification No. of notification No. 27/2012 has been remitted. Your product will be fall under the notification No. 18/2012 Sl No. 28. you are right.

Jay Zatakia

17 September 2013

Sir, does that means that whatever duty was applicable before the notification 18/2012 was published is the correct duty to be considered as of now?