Cenvat Credit on Civil Construction

Dear Gurus, I want to know whether cenvat credit is available in case of taxes/ duties paid in the field of civil construction... Any View shall be highly appreciated.

Ravikumar.G (Expert)

The provider has the option to avail an exemption notification as per which service tax can be discharged on 33% of the total value of the contract. However, cenvat credit on inputs and CG or input services or exemption for materials in terms of Notification 12/2003 should not be availed. Further, this exemption notification is not available if the services are only completion and finishing services in relation to residential complex.