Avail 50% discount on all online CA classes for Nov Exam(access till Nov 20th). Use coupon code NOV15

close x
Home > Experts > Income Tax > Can we claim tds when 20% int is deducted by bank

Please Wait ..

to your account


Remember Me | Forgot your password?


Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Alternatively, you can log in using:

Can we claim tds when 20% int is deducted by bank (Income Tax)

Report Abuse
This query is : Resolved

( Author )
29 October 2013

i want to know that can we claim tds when bank has deducted 20% int in fdr interest.. becoz pan card was not shown..


( Expert )
29 October 2013

Well you can if the Bank revises its TDS return and mentioning your PAN in the revised TDS return.

Ganeshbabu K

( Expert )
29 October 2013

to get refund you should get credit for tds deducted by your bank to your form 26AS
it is possible only if your bank file revised TDS return quoting your pan number and tds deducted from you
it is your mistake of not providing pan card to bank,,so provide pan to bank immediately and request them to revise tds return


( Expert )
29 October 2013

to claim the credit of TDS, you need to provide your pan details to the deductor and request him/her/it to revise the relevant TDS return. Otherwise, you cannot claim the TDS credit.



You need to be the querist or approved CAclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login ( Members Login ) now

Similar Resolved Queries :


Quick Links

back to the top