Can a uploaded XML file of ITR cancelled

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 February 2011

Asseesee : Individual ( Salaried )

e filing of ITR1 uploaded on 18.02.2010 for the A.Y.2009-10. By mistake wrong xml file was uploaded with CPC Bangalore . Now question is that can we cancel this ITR and file a fresh ITR or we will have to file a revise return.

25 February 2011

You may file a revised return.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 01 March 2011

One Tax payer filled e return ( ITR1) and received the refund of rs. 27000/- for the A.Y 2010-11. Now he came to know that his Company has deducted more tds but due to mistake they showed less the certain amount now as per my calculation Rs. 7600 more to be get refunded and this amount also is showing in 26AS.

Should he revise his return even after he has received Ferund from ITD.

01 March 2011

Better you make an application for rectification of order U/s 154.
Please check , this facility is available if you go to " My Account" on e-filing site.