Home > Experts > Others > Are practising CAs and CSs are gazetted officers

Are practising CAs and CSs are gazetted officers (Others)

Can anyone tell me whether a practising chartered accountant or a company secretary is recognised as a gazetted officer? I understand that Government doctors are gazetted officers. Pls reply

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta

NO. practising chartered accountant or a company secretary is NOT recognised as a gazetted officer.

CA. BIJENDER KR. BANSAL

.

as per differnt sites gazzetted office
First of all a gazetted officer must be a government official.

In India, a official Central Government Publication named Gazette publishes the promotions of certain government official. Those officers whose name appears in Gazette are termed as Gazetted Officers.

Indian Govt has employees classified as class 1 to class 4. All class 1 employees are Gazetted officers.

Class 1 employee examples are:

All India services, though posted to states; promotees from states to the cadre of Assistant Commissioner and above and to the cadre of All India services ; Police officers of Circle Inspector and above; Additional District Civil surgeons, Executive Engineers and above, District Medical Officer and above, Lt.Col. and above, Principals of Government colleges and above, Readers and above of Universities, etc.

i.e doctor and ca is not gazzetted office.

Pratically, I have attestted lot of paper of govt exam like B.ed, Teacher entrance exam and other. Till date, no objection regarding it by any that concern university and deptt

Thank you so much for info, Mr. Bansal.

Is CA/CS attestation on application for some govt job openings is valid?

CA Archana

No,it will not be Valid as the signing authority should be Gazzetted officer as generally required in application forms.

CA. BIJENDER KR. BANSAL

As i replied earlier. For entrance exam for Teacher job recently, I have attestted form. he has got admit card against it.
i.e they have no objection.

But it is not full proof whether it is valid or not.

CA Ravi sisodia

i think CA/CS is not gazetted officer(becouse they are not govt. officels) but they have powers to more then the gazetted officers.

Rahul Gupta

Well Explained By Mr. Bansal. And totally agreed with Other experts. CA & CS are not gazetted officers. But I don't know, may be heard some rumors, that govt is thinking of making CA & CS as gazetted officers. I don't know how valid this information is......but presently , they are not gazetted officers........