Please Wait ..

Sign-in to your account

Username:
Password:

Remember Me

Forgot your password?

Sign-up now

Join CAclubindia.com and Share your Knowledge. Registered members get a chance to interact at Forum, Ask Query, Comment etc.

Discussion > Income Tax > TDS >

TDS Return 26Q Preparation by using NSDL RPU.

Pages : 1 2

independent practise

[ Scorecard : 1248]
Posted On 06 May 2011 at 15:05 Report Abuse

While preparing Form 26Q by using NSDL return preparation Utility I am facing a problem.  i.e.  The deduction is 30% instead of 10%.  The 30% amount has already been deposited in the bank. The deductee does not have PAN No.

Under these circumstances i entered the data like this amount paid 100000 tds 30000.

now when I tried to validate the data i am getting an error message

"INVALID PAN DEDUCTION AT HIGHER RATE IS NOT SELECTED"

WHAT SHOULD I WRITE AT PAN NO. AND WHAT OPTION i SHOULD CHOOSE FOR THE ABOVE QUERY.

PLEASE URGENT.

Online classes for CA CS CMA

Mihir
Wealth Manager

[ Scorecard : 4622]
Posted On 06 May 2011 at 15:12

I think deduction is 20% without PAN and not 30% except in case of 194B

Rachit
Analyst

[ Scorecard : 868]
Posted On 06 May 2011 at 15:19

From F.Y 2010-11 for getting the TDS returns validated - PAN details of 100% deductees are required. In case PAN is unavailable then TDs at a higher rate of 20% (30% in case of sec. 194B, 194BB) is required to be deducted.

In the input file there is a column viz. Rate at which TDS deducted, wherein you have to select the the option of Higher rate than the rate in force. After carrying out this exercise for all the deductees whose PAN is unavailable you will be able to validate the file.

Caution: Incase TDS is not deducted at a higher rate as mentioned above, despite not having PAN details of deductees, then you will subsequently receive a notice for making payment of short deduction of tax.

kanagaraj
CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 731]
Posted On 06 May 2011 at 15:30

Dear Babu,

After fill all the details select C in the coloumn for Reason. If you don't seclect the same the error msg display.

regards

Suman Inani (CA,CS)
practice

[ Scorecard : 33]
Posted On 07 May 2011 at 20:29

Dear Ram Babu,

Write PANNOTAVBL in cell of Pan no. insteat of leaving it blank. and select C in the column for reason.

HEMAL RAVAL
ACCOUNTANT

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 11 May 2011 at 18:24

I AGREE WITH SUMAN INANI

Anil Nautiyal
Article

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 16 August 2011 at 15:58

In filing the etds return of 26Q last month i have no pan number of some deductee then i selected the higher rate of deduction i.e C.  Now revising the return with PAN Number higher rate of deduction i.e C is not removed. Please help me about this matter.

vanaja
Accoounts Executive

[ Scorecard : 21]
Posted On 12 July 2013 at 13:18

Hi,

I received a notice from IT department, its regarding short deductions in 26Q1 of Financial year 2012-2013. I couldn't able to get the justification report in Traces to get the short deductions list as per IT notice. Please help me on this.

RAVISANKAR AMBAVARAPU
CA FINAL AND CWA FINAL

[ Scorecard : 128]
Posted On 05 September 2013 at 22:55

@ vanaja for downloading of justification report u need to enter valid RR no and bsr code /date/amount of challan no and three valid pan cad and amount deducted of three persons .

Dinesh Kadam
Exe Finance

[ Scorecard : 22]
Posted On 28 November 2013 at 14:17

Hi We have submited the 27Q Return when PAN No was not there 

Now we got the PAN NO & we have revised the Return 

Now the demad notice has come due to we have not removed C flag

How can we remove C Flag Advice Please..

There are 10 Replies to this message

Related Files