close x

TDS on Professional Services

Hi,

for a service firm, when the payment is paid (Professional Fee + Service Tax), can someone help if the TDS should be applicable on the entire invoice value or is it only on Professional fee excluding Service Tax?

Eg:

Prof Fee  : Rs 100,000

Serv.Tax : Rs 10,300

Total : Rs 110,300

Is the TDS applicable on Rs 100,000 or on Rs 110,300 ???

if there is any ITO circular to this effect, it will be of help.

thanks,

Accountant/Learner

Tds have to deduct including service tax..

Deputy Manager Finance

Tax to be deucted on full bill value, only in case of rent a specific circular is availabe for not deduting TDS on service Tax [CBDT Circular: CIRCULAR NO. 4/2008, (dated 28.04.2008] in light of the same we have to infer that tds to be deducted including service tax on all other cases.

Asstt Manager (Accounts & Finance)

TDS will be deducted on Full Value i.e. Rs. 110300/-

ratan

CA-FINAL & M.COM

Originally posted by : Deepak Narayanan

Tax to be deucted on full bill value, only in case of rent a specific circular is availabe for not deduting TDS on service Tax [CBDT Circular: CIRCULAR NO. 4/2008, (dated 28.04.2008] in light of the same we have to infer that tds to be deducted including service tax on all other cases.

FCA, Future CA

Full value and not the amount excl Service Tax.

"Any amount paid"  means full amount.

tds would be deducted including service tax i.e. on Rs.1,10,300/-.

TDS IS DEDUCTED ON FULL AMOUNT INCLUDING SERVICE TAX IN ALL SECTIONS OF TDS EXCEPT SECTION 194-I WHERE TDS IS DEDUCTED ON AMOUNT EXCLUDING SERVICE TAX.

Originally posted by : CA.Rakesh Kumar

TDS IS DEDUCTED ON FULL AMOUNT INCLUDING SERVICE TAX IN ALL SECTIONS OF TDS EXCEPT SECTION 194-I WHERE TDS IS DEDUCTED ON AMOUNT EXCLUDING SERVICE TAX.

Agreed.

Chartered Accountant

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register

Share on :