close x


SURCHARGE ON TDS

Going...to be C.A soon...

HELLO,

i have to give rent payment to a private co. so plz tell me whether i have to deduct surcharge tax on payment or not?

and what is the meaning of (surcharge should be deducted when co. income exceeds Rs. 1 crore.)

 

Thanks

 

 
Reply   
 
Chartered Accountant


If the income paid i.e payment of rent is more than Rs 1 crore than only surcharge is to be deducted

 
Reply   
 



surchage wil be deducted only when the gross income of the payee(landlord) is more than 1crore ,and the rate of surcharge is @ 10% on the TDS. THANKS

 
Reply   
 

Dear Friend If you will pay above 1 cr.rent in a year then you have to deduct surcharge otherwise there is no need to deduct tds on rent paid.

 
Reply   
 
Chartered Accountant


On the safer side you should deduct surcharge on payment

 
Reply   
 
(Guest)

please inform me the tds % and surcharge on tds for payment of contractor

 
Reply   
 
(Guest)

Originally posted by :Guest
" please inform me the tds % and surcharge on tds for payment of contractor and also the surcharge on TDS if deducted at lower rate, say 0.25% to Transport Contractor "


 

 
Reply   
 

Total Contract Payment to a Party(Individual) in the Financial year is 11 Lakhs in parts. Now, Whether Surcharge on TDS is levied on Full 11 lakhs or only exceeding amount than 10 lakhs i.e. Rs.1 Lakh

 
Reply   
 

Originally posted by :Harshal Shah
" Total Contract Payment to a Party(Individual) in the Financial year is 11 Lakhs in parts. Now, Whether Surcharge on TDS is levied on Full 11 lakhs or only exceeding amount than 10 lakhs i.e. Rs.1 Lakh "

TDS is leived on Rs. 11.00 lacs.

 
Reply   
 

Originally posted by :Neeta Gupta
" Dear Friend



If you will pay above 1 cr.rent in a year then you have to deduct surcharge otherwise there is no need to deduct tds on rent paid.
"

Dear Neeta

If you will pay above 1 cr.rent in a year then you have to deduct surcharge otherwise there is no need to deduct tds on rent paid.

i think it would be surcharge than  tds on rent 

 

 

 
Reply   
 

LEAVE A REPLY



    

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to login   Click here to Register



 



Share on :